Purpose

This blog is written so that I can spew my thoughts on a cheap networked hometheater system. I use as much opensource software as I can, but try to keep everything as easy as I can. When I am done, I will create a tutorial to sum up what I learned.

Follow by Email

Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Router

All
Well, I realized that I can’t set up my router…   So my blog has been slowing down.  I have set up utorrent on my PC and set up CouchPotato and SickBeard to go with it, but again, I have no internet connection, so they don’t do anything.  I will also start to work with MediaFrontPage on this. 
Once I do have my connection I will do the following:
1)Continue to set up my Linux server.  I need to start downloading the proper software on to it.
2)which means I can start working on my guide.  One of the purposes of this blog is to act as a guide for those who wish to have the same setup.  The guide will make that available without the whole story.
3)Start testing out configurations for CP,uT,SB,MFP.  I will first have these set up on my XP system.  This way, I get to know how the programs work before I start using them on Linux.  
4)Start downloading media.  I would like to create a large enough archive and doing so means starting asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment