Purpose

This blog is written so that I can spew my thoughts on a cheap networked hometheater system. I use as much opensource software as I can, but try to keep everything as easy as I can. When I am done, I will create a tutorial to sum up what I learned.

Follow by Email

Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Adding storage to your server

All,
I'm just looking for storage and it seems that the cheapest option is the WD Green 3TB drive.  It is priced at $180CDN for $60 a TB.  This is the absolute cheapest per TB.  Its not extreamly fast and is best for just media, nothing heavy, but if all your doing is added more storage to your media server, this is the best.
Edit Nov 9th
Hard drive prices have dramatically increased due to the flood in WD's plants
Seagate has also came out with a similarly prices 3TB HDD which scores better on PC Maximums test

No comments:

Post a Comment