Purpose

This blog is written so that I can spew my thoughts on a cheap networked hometheater system. I use as much opensource software as I can, but try to keep everything as easy as I can. When I am done, I will create a tutorial to sum up what I learned.

Follow by Email

Thursday, 13 October 2011

XBMC

All,
Hardware i currently have
one iMac
one mac mini
one samsung tv
one lynsis router
one old compaq pc
one old HP laptop
one old not working Server ( i don't know why)
enought VGA/DVI/Ethernet cables to blow your mind
iPhone
one external hardrive 500GB

I want to hook up the old HP Laptop to my tv, but it has no harddrive,

what i want for a structure

I want a server which holds this all together lets me share everything to every computer
this includes saved games, music, tv shows, and movies

i want the actul computers to hold the following: 
the emulators
the game if it is a pc game
xbmc
If i could get the games to be held on the server and just launched on each computer, that would be awesome (but probably impossible)

No comments:

Post a Comment