Purpose

This blog is written so that I can spew my thoughts on a cheap networked hometheater system. I use as much opensource software as I can, but try to keep everything as easy as I can. When I am done, I will create a tutorial to sum up what I learned.

Follow by Email

Monday, 17 October 2011

Server

All,
I have been talking about this server which hosts basically everything.  But I don't own a server and know nothing about them.  So today and tomorrow, I will be researching servers and will be looking to see:
The system requirments
the price of the operation system
If I really need a server, can I network with out one and have everything run off a regualer XP/W7 computer?
If not, can I run XP/W7 programs on a windows server rig?

I will be using SmallNetBuilder.com for most of my reseach.

1,4,5,7,9 Done!
3,6 Coming soon!
2,8 No work has been done

No comments:

Post a Comment