Purpose

This blog is written so that I can spew my thoughts on a cheap networked hometheater system. I use as much opensource software as I can, but try to keep everything as easy as I can. When I am done, I will create a tutorial to sum up what I learned.

Follow by Email

Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Server (Finally)

All,
So I've decided how to run my server!  I'm using instructions from here.  I'm currently downloading the Ubuntu server ISO.  Really excited for this.  This linux server means every system can use it.  I'm slightly worried about the power consumption of my box, but it isn't stopping me.  I will hopefully be putting together the server tonight.  I do all my program downloading at work due to large bandwith.  My home internet sucks and is usually stuck at 3-4mps download.  But it seems that I have to do alot of updating from the actual server it's self.  Dang!  Also, the instructions use things like TED (which suck, I'd rather use sickbear) and don't include media front page or CP.  I'lll do some research on these to find installation instructions.
I also found a good site at home yesturday, but I didn't copy the address, so I have no idea where to find it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment