Purpose

This blog is written so that I can spew my thoughts on a cheap networked hometheater system. I use as much opensource software as I can, but try to keep everything as easy as I can. When I am done, I will create a tutorial to sum up what I learned.

Follow by Email

Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Instructions

All,
I've decided that I will also create a list of instructions for this process.  I've already finished the instructions for installing the server.  I will be building a basic media server, then I find instructions for the more advanced stuff.  Once I have done it, I will look back at it all, and see if that was the best way to do things.  I will write the instructions and then recreate my server by following the instructions.  I will then post the instructions.  Maybe by that time, I'll be good enough at linux that I can just create a package and have it automatically install and configure everything for you.  Hey, a man can dream.
In reality though, its all to document my adventure and provide everyone with the resources to create a free media system.  The instructions will also provide me with a way to look back and see what I've done if something goes wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment